We had the pleasure of interviewing Megan DiPiero, who shared her expertise about selling, boutique photography services, and the power of community marketing. Megan shares her knowledge and background on how she attracts her ideal client, through the process of being actively involved in her community.
Megan DiPiero is an award-winning portrait photographer. Out of her modest home studio she’s built a powerful boutique brand– earning six figure salary for her family of four. Recognized as a Top 100 industry influencer, Megan shares her business expertise at national conventions and in her popular Facebook group: “Rise to the Top! With Megan DiPiero.
Watching this episode of Tog Talks is like attending a mini workshop, so make sure you take good notes for all of the information Megan shares!
- Learn more about Megan DiPiero!
- Like our Facebook Page for updates on upcoming Tog Talks Episodes!
- Get your FREE copy of Photography for Profit- Attract Your Perfect Clients Workbook!
- Check out the Photographer Entrepreneurs Association!
- Come join our Free Facebook Group!
The Biggest Takeaways From This Episode
- [1:31]: Megan shares her background: Sales background-“College dropout and proud!” and learner from life
- [2:25]: Megan shares the boutique model of photography sales
- [4:45]: Megan talks about the challenge of having confidence in her business and how she uses numbers and people as a confidence bridge
- [10:02]: Megan talks about community marketing and how she connects with prospects and clients through Facebook and at events-Lots of tips here so make sure you have a pen and notebook handy!
- [15:44]: Megan shares what kinds of events she goes to and how she organizes this
- [19:14]: The debate of “exposure” and what photography services we do for free
- [22:48]: Putting business first-What Megan recommends you do when starting your photography business
- [26:10]: Visualizing your success: How to prepare when you go into an in person sales session
- [27:10]: A great tip for introverts on how to network with people in your community
- [30:40]: Megan’s philosophy on her calendar: holding space for things that are important in business and personal
- [31:53]: Looking at successful people and what they do and emulating those people