We have had the pleasure of getting to know Darty Hines, the owner of the photography education conference SYNC and also have the pleasure of being of of 2018's speakers for this conference. Darty has a wealth of knowledge on social media and marketing and we were so excited to have him join us for an interview!
A Husband, a father to three amazing girls, a photographer, a social media fanatic, and the owner of SYNC, Darty Hines (PPA Craftsman) keeps very busy. Even with this busy schedule, he is constantly striving to find new and innovative ways for small business owners to succeed. He has been a professional photographer for over 20 years and has worked and consulted with may prestigious photography studios across the Nation.
In this interview, we talk in detail about social media, getting social, and of course SYNC! You won't want to miss hearing his knowledge and expertise!
Books Darty Recommends in this Episode:
- Learn more about Darty Hines!
- Like our Facebook Page for updates on upcoming Tog Talks Episodes!
- Get your FREE copy of Photography for Profit- Attract Your Perfect Clients Workbook!
- Check out the Photographer Entrepreneurs Association!
- Come join our Free Facebook Group!
The Biggest Takeaways From This Episode
- [6:04]: Darty talks about the importance of having several mentors
- [6:50]: Darty talks about the challenge of being a business owner and the mental shift you have to make from an employee mentality
- [9:40]: Darty talks about the importance of being clear about what you want to do and doing things that make you happy
- [11:45]: Instagram stories and how they are changing the social media game
- [13:40]: Darty's thoughts on millennial marketing for photographers
- [15:25]: Darty shares some strategies for people who have challenges or are overwhelmed with social media
- [17:34]: You are a part of your brand, so being careful with what you post on social media
- [19:03]: Getting photography education and doing your homework before investing your money, time, and energy
- [21:00]: Paul shares his experiences at SYNC and how going to conferences builds relationships
- [22:50]: Facebook ads and some strategies to target your ideal client
- [24:00]: Snapchat and geo filter marketing strategies
- [27:07]: Darty shares his thoughts on having faith and how it relates to his business
- [27:45]: Darty shares books he is currently reading and finds helpful with his business
- [30:42]: Darty shares how he follows non industry experts on social media and how this influences and helps him
- [34:40]: SYNC Conference and why you should be there!