We loved, loved, loved our interview with Makayla Jade Harris, whose positive energy is contagious! Makayla shares her journey first starting off as a "momographer", sharing how her journey with in person sales has led her and her husband to so many successes in their growing business. The foundation of her success is built on relationships, and Makayla shares her views on how to grow your business by putting relationships first.
Makayla Jade, founder of The Harris Company, developed a brand distinguished by providing an elevated full-service photo and cinema client experience, propelling the company to reaching six-figures and beyond in less than 3 years. Rather than focusing on a specific style of photography, she’s built a conglomerate of brands ranging from weddings, brand photography, and studio portraiture, all appealing to a niche clientele that places a high value on printed products & photographic art.
Watch and you'll also be captivated by Makayla's positive energy that she puts out into her business, as an educator, and an inspiring individual!
- Learn more about Makayla Jade Harris!
- Like our Facebook Page for updates on upcoming Tog Talks Episodes!
- Get your FREE copy of Photography for Profit- Attract Your Perfect Clients Workbook!
- Check out the Photographer Entrepreneurs Association!
- Come join our Free Facebook Group!
The Biggest Takeaways From This Episode
- [2:46]: Makayla shares her journey from momographer to photographer
- [5:10]: Makayla talks about the start of her In Person Sales journey
- [7:31]: Makyala talks about how being involved in workshops and with photographer educators helped her with her photography business
- [9:16]: Makayla talks about concentrating on the resources you have…people!
- [12:05]: Makayla talks about making decisions as a business owner and keep moving forward..even in between ugly cries! 🙂
- [14:15]: Makayla talks about how ALL of us have stories
- [16:00]: Makayla shares her story about moving her family and business and the things they did to make it successful
- [16:52]: Creating your Dream 100 (or 50 or 30) and the power of reaching out to them and creating relationships
- [22:30]: Makayla’s advice to focus on you and what you are doing