We had the pleasure of interviewing Hannah Marie and are excited to share this video as our first Tog Talks interview! And Hannah was also excited that she was our first Canadian too! 🙂
Hannah Marie is an award winning Canadian Portrait photographer, whose timeless style has attracted clients from around the world for over 10 years.
Hannah’s passion for teaching & connecting with people has made her a popular educator who can be found on CreativeLIVE, and at ImagingUSA & Shutterfest. Her expertise are in delivering a high end experience, In Person Sales, and Business Organization.
In this interview, Hannah shares how a personal challenge made a big impact on her photography business, and what she did to shift the situation to a more positive one. She also shares some marketing strategies and advice for new photographers to the business. Her wonderful attitude is contagious and we know you will enjoy listening and learning from Hannah's interview.
- Learn more about Hannah Marie!
- Like our Facebook Page for updates on upcoming Tog Talks Episodes!
- Get your FREE copy of Photography for Profit- Attract Your Perfect Clients Workbook!
- Check out the Photographer Entrepreneurs Association!
- Come join our Free Facebook Group!
The Biggest Takeaways From This Episode
- [1:44]: How Hannah got started as a professional photographer
- [3:24]: Hannah explains one of her biggest personal challenges that impacted her business
- [6:10]: The importance of having a back up plan when things go wrong
- [18:45]: Hannah shares a tip on how she got on the inside track of the wedding industry
- [20:52]: Hannah shares her advice for new photographers in business
- [22:33]: The importance of studying business and how it can change the direction you are going
- [26:38]: Hannah shares her gauge for when she invests in new equipment, products, or business ventures
- [33:45]: The importance of knowing your numbers and having positive pressure to help you with your business decisions
- [36:01]: Hannah talks about the power of connections and what she does to network and market as a children's photographer
- [37:21]: Hannah shares her gift card marketing strategy
- [41:50] Hannah talks about the power of serving your clients