Who loves sales? Let's be honest, the majority of us photographers don't. Whether it's because we have an idea in our head of what sales looks like (think slimy car salesman!) or we don't feel comfortable or confident with the sales process, for many of us, we don't love the sales process.
In this Tog Talks Episode, Paul & Melissa give 3 Keys towards a better sales process, that include sharing stories, being super helpful, and how to close the sale confidently. Sales does not have to be slimy!
A special thanks to 17hats for sponsoring this episode of Tog Talks and supporting photography education!
- Like our Facebook Page for updates on upcoming Tog Talks Episodes!
- Get your FREE copy of Photography for Profit- Attract Your Perfect Clients Workbook!
- Check out the Photographer Entrepreneurs Association!
- Come join our Free Facebook Group!
The Biggest Takeaways From This Episode
- [1:20]: We share about the struggle about photographers not being natural sales people
- [2:06]: Ask yourself, what is the first thing you think about when you hear the word “sales”
- [4:00]: Story telling and how this is an important part of the sales process
- [6:09]: We share how we connected with a client through our stories and building rapport
- [8:35]: How we got influenced through stories when selecting our wedding photographers
- [9:35]: Story telling at a different level: through our clients stories
- [12:10]: How to nurture potential clients and a system we use in our business
- [14:00]: Being helpful..for real- how this helps with your sales process
- [17:48]: “People want to purchase, they just don’t want to be sold.”
- [19:28]: Thinking ahead to answer questions before clients asking and how that can impact the client’s experience
- [23:00]: The close: it doesn’t have to be scary!
- [26:14]: A softer close: The Tie Down
- [27:30]: Why photography really is so important and being able to share this with clients
- [32:44]: Practicing your sales presentation before meeting with clients-a crucial part of learning and growing our business!