We had an absolute blast interviewing Craig Stidham on this episode of Tog Talks! Craig was so giving of his knowledge and talked in depth about his experience with fashion and senior photography, and creating a very unique client experience! We had lots of "side cars" of information, and the tangents we went on is filled with knowledge nuggets!
Craig Stidham is a professional fashion and portrait photographer based in Texas. Craig was photographically born into the fashion world in October 1994 after receiving a formal education in photography. He has been published in several fashion and photography magazines, as well as billboards across the country.
After teaching at the college level for more than seven years, it was time to become more creative and break out. In 2010, Craig began teaching workshops, touring the US as a speaker for industry conferences, and published his first book, “Fashion Seniors.” Two years later, his second book, “Dynamic Posing Guide,” sold over 5,000 copies on Amazon in three days, placing it on the retailing giant’s Top 100 Photography Books list.
Enjoy this interview and make sure you stay until the end because Craig has generously given a discount to his amazing workshops and one on one opportunities! We know you are going to have just as much fun as we did listening to this interview!
- Learn more about Craig Stidham and get access to a discount to his workshops!
- Like our Facebook Page for updates on upcoming Tog Talks Episodes!
- Get your FREE copy of Photography for Profit- Attract Your Perfect Clients Workbook!
- Check out the Photographer Entrepreneurs Association!
- Come join our Free Facebook Group!
The Biggest Takeaways From This Episode
- [2:00]: Craig shares his new venture of opening a modeling agency and what that experience is like for his photography business
- [4:10]: Craig shares the challenge of fashion and incorporating that into senior photography
- [5:17]: Craig shares how shooting tethered can add to the experience for senior sessions
- [6:20]: Craig shares his strategy for working with “helicopter moms”
- [13:04]: Craig recommends direct mail..it still works!
- [14:44]: Craig shares the power of behind the scenes videos with seniors as a marketing strategy
- [16:18]: Shoot everyday! This is how you will grow and get to the next level in your photography business
- [21:36]: Craig talks about being the 1% for his fashion senior photography, and being ok with that
- [25:00]: Sidecar: Craig shares his process of how he does his senior sessions, including the selling process
- [32:44]: Another Sidecar: Never pre-judge a client..there are opportunities everywhere!
- [41:30]: Get other people to help you with things you are not good at..Craig’s advice for success
- [52:27]: Craig talks about Disney and Apple and how to bring aspects of these brands into his business
- [55:40]: Craig is writing his 4th book..keep your eyes open for it!