We had a great time interviewing our friend and world traveler photographer Curtiss Bryant! He shares his business background and how that has helped him create a unique spin to a senior model program!
Curtiss Bryant is the owner/photographer (along with his wife Valerie) of Curtiss Bryant Photography in Central Florida. Curtiss has a degree in marketing and has been a professional photographer since 2005.
Curtiss specializes in photographing weddings and high school senior portraits. He has been published in international publications several times and has won several photography awards for his work, including being named as one of the top 100 senior photographers for 2016 and 2017 by Senior Style Guide.
Curtiss shares his perspective and the importance of business first with running a successful photography company!
- Learn more about Curtiss Bryant!
- Like our Facebook Page for updates on upcoming Tog Talks Episodes!
- Get your FREE copy of Photography for Profit- Attract Your Perfect Clients Workbook!
- Check out the Photographer Entrepreneurs Association!
- Come join our Free Facebook Group!
The Biggest Takeaways From This Episode
- [5:47] Curtiss shares a concept of creating a senior magazine for his business
- [7:48] Curtiss shares a challenge he faces as a photographer and educator and how he works through that
- [8:35]: Curtiss talks about the importance of knowing business as well as photography
- [9:02] Curtiss shares his senior model program and his unique spin to it!
- [10:20] Curtiss goes into more detail about his senior model program and how it is an experience based program
- [13:05]: Curtiss shares his #1 piece of advice for new photographers…it’s different than you may think!
- [15:15]: Curtiss talks about the importance of focusing on business first in your photography business
- [17:27]: Curtiss shares ways of how he builds relationships with seniors and their parents
- [20:00]: Curtiss shares about how getting a studio space pushed him to go another level for his business
- [23:07]: Curtiss shares advice about going from a part time photographer to a full time photographer
- [25:37]: Curtiss talks about his addiction to travel websites and finding the best deals!
- [26:24]: Curtiss shares his social media strategy that he uses with senior clients to build relationships
- [28:23]: Curtiss talks about building relationships with clients for long term repeat clients