There is a big difference between running a business and being self-employed. Unfortunately, many entrepreneurs run into the trap of running their business with a self-employment mindset.
In this Tog Talks episode, Paul and Melissa discuss the difference between a self-employment attitude and a business owner attitude and 3 simple ways to not only shift your mindset, but take action to build a sustainable photography business that will not overwhelm or stress you out. You became a business owner for the potential freedom and opportunity, and this begins with you, your attitude, your systems, and the way you set things up.
- Like our Facebook Page for updates on upcoming Tog Talks Episodes!
- Get your FREE copy of Photography for Profit- Attract Your Perfect Clients Workbook!
- Check out the Photographer Entrepreneurs Association!
- Come join our Free Facebook Group!
The Biggest Takeaways From This Episode
- [2:40]: The shift from the employee mentality to the independent contractor to the entrepreneur
- [3:48]: Leveraging skills and talents of others and why that is so important as an entrepreneur
- [6:27]: Why scaling your business is key as an entrepreneur
- [9:28]: We share why it is important to not do everything yourself in your business-outsourcing, delegating and hiring are key!
- [11:06]: How to figure out what to outsource-business & photography related
- [15:40]: Outsourcing social media: this can be a turning point for your business!
- [17:22]: Don’t work all the time: Setting boundaries for yourself and your business
- [19:50]: Using your time wisely and valuing the workable hours..is this something you are doing?
- [23:35]: Why we love automated systems! And how they work for you in your business
- [29:00]: We got into having our business to have freedoms, so set yourself up by starting small to run a sustainable business!